Whitespace is not allowed after end of Markup Extension -- Silverlight Compile Time Error

Today while working on one of my Silverlight Project, I did some changes in the user control and built the Project and all of sudden I got the compile time error saying:
Whitespace is not allowed after end of Markup Extension.

I tried finding where exactly the whitespace has come. Initially I thought while giving name to any of control I gave white space in it but was wrong and then I could find what was the issue. Check the image you will understand what mistake I did and I thought of writting this blog.

Happy Coding!!!!

22 comments:

  1. Was of great help!
    Thanks...Express Blend could do a better job of pin pointing the exact line rather than just referring to the UserControl.

    I have a 12000 line XAML in which I had to locate it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for pointing that....I made the same mistake.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,

    Thanks a lot for this nice tricks! I can't understand why Visual Studio don't give me a row number !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! What an annoying error from Visual Studio! Hope they fix this in the next release. Thanx.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really helpful; XAML editor was not at all clear where the issue is, but I found it right away from this post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks man...very helpul..saved me a lot of time..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Many and Many thanks!

    It helped me so much that I also posted about this issue with a direct link to you.

    http://digitallighthouse.net/?p=40

    Hope you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Ricardo Figueiredo: no problem but just make one change in your post. Change his to her.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you. This information saved my week :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaank you very very very much

    ReplyDelete
  11. God bless you, i just ran into this error and i was like wtf. Thanks a million.

    ReplyDelete
  12. very helpful post and great comment that say to use Expression blend instead of visual studio.

    Thanks to both of you

    ReplyDelete
  13. thank a lot. got such with this.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It has helped me to fix my issues as well, thks :)

    ReplyDelete